Five-day course on advanced energy efficiency and the use of artificial intelligence in the Industrial and Energy Sectors
“The ability to learn faster than your competitors may be the only sustainable competitive advantage – Arie P. de Geus
This advanced 5-day course on energy efficiency in the industrial and energy sectors is designed for established practitioners and others involved in the energy policy or governance. It will provide comprehensive and practical implementation of the fundamentals and advanced energy efficiency solutions based on international best practice and advanced technologies.
The course is will provide essential knowledge and skills to enable the participants to plan for the integration of advanced energy savings solutions into process upgrades and new production facilities.
This course will highlight
- The techniques that will allow you to assess your overall process energy performance
- Advances in industrial process systems for greater energy savings
- How artificial intelligence techniques can be used to uncover previously hidden energy savings, and provide for intelligent control and optimisation
- How to use waste heat, biomass and other sources to make electricity that will power your processes
- Use artificial intelligence techniques such as data mining to uncover the most critical variables affecting process operations – ideal for process engineers attempting to optimise industrial and renewable energy processes to reducing capital and running costs
- Get insights into how magnetic’s, cavitation hydrodynamics, and other advanced systems can save up to 80% of energy usage in some process areas but only a few engineers have ever heard of them
- How we can learn from the bird and the bees, ants and termites, and even the invasive weed to help solve complex process optimisation problems in energy systems
- How to reverse the curse of exergy and produce electrical power from process waste heat or and other waste streams
- How intelligent energy management systems will ensure the sustainability of energy savings and help solve the time-delay problems associated with existing manual only systems
- The importance of implementing energy efficiency maintenance criteria
- How to specify new processes and utility systems for energy efficiency
At the end of the course you will learn to:
- Determine the efficiency of your existing processes in relation to past performance and international best practice
- Integrate energy efficiency into new process and manufacturing plant design
Understand the potential role of artificial intelligence in energy efficiency and optimisation
- Understand the potential role of artificial intelligence in energy efficiency and optimisation
- Introduce effective energy management procedures using existing protocols and data analysis techniques
- Incorporate energy efficiency design into new process and utility systems
- Incorporate renewable energy opportunities in key industrial process and utility systems
The presenter will use detailed presentations based on personal experience to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Course material, group discussions, and where possible, the implications of the main learning points for the participant’s own organisations will also be included.
Participants of this course will be provided with advanced knowledge, skills and tools to introduce more effective energy saving solutions to their industry. The methods include:
- Use of advanced process solutions based on process optimisation and process substitution
- Use of benchmarking and data analysis to determine your industry’s current baseline and potential for future energy savings
- How to complement your existing and new knowledge with artificial intelligence techniques to provide for greater energy savings and other process savings
- How artificial intelligence techniques can enhance existing energy management protocols
- How artificial intelligence techniques can provide for improved energy savings verification where existing techniques may fail
- The participant will gain a good understanding of best practice in process energy savings and key optimisation techniques and their applications in their industrial and energy sector in general.
- Knowledge of artificially intelligent applications will provide the participant with a distinct advantage and this differentiation will help provide a competitive edge for internal promotion
- The participant will have greater confidence and competence in his own work
A course for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit
- Process and Plant Engineers
- Energy and Facility Managers
- Process Design Engineers
- Factory Manager, CEO, CTO
- Utility company Engineers
- Power Plant Engineers
- Renewable Energy Engineers
- Equipment Designers and Suppliers
- Energy Centre Managers and Engineers
- Government energy efficiency Programme Manager
- Energy Consultants
Mr. Gerard McNulty is a Senior Consultant with Clean Energy Products Ltd, specializing in energy efficiency in the industrial and energy sectors by using a combination of advanced process solutions, artificial intelligence and cutting edge technologies to identify an integrate energy solutions into existing and new build industrial processing and manufacturing plants.
Gerard McNulty B.A,.B.A.I., F.I.E.I International Sustainable Energy Expert, holds an honours degree in Engineering Science and a degree in Mathematical and Computer Sciences from Trinity College Dublin. He is a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Engineers of Ireland and an International Energy expert with 36 years of experience in industrial energy auditing covering hundreds of energy audits in all sectors of industry worldwide. Gerard has given talks on the topics of artificial intelligence, data mining and energy efficiency since 1997, in diverse places such as for example in Ireland, Bahrain, United Kingdom, Italy, Bahamas, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Gambia to list a few.
Gerard is also the pioneer and inventor of an artificial intelligent agent-based system that uses artificial intelligent systems for control of HVAC systems in large buildings. This system has been applied to buildings in Ireland and the UK and has provided an average saving of 20%.
Gerard has worked in many countries on various international assignments with donor organizations such as The World Bank, European Bank for Development and Reconstruction (EBRD), The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and as a specialist Thematic Expert on EU energy research projects associated with the 4th, 5th, and 6th Energy Research Programs. He has also worked as an Energy Expert associated with the Eurostars EU energy program and the Marie Curie Post “Fellowship Awards Program”. These projects featured leading edge technical innovations covering all areas of energy research and development such as high and low temperature heat recovery systems, innovation in renewable energy systems such as solar, wind and heat pump technology, materials and fluid mechanics.
Day One - Energy usage and energy efficiency determination
- Energy conversion, sources and flows
- Energy balance, energy losses and efficiency
- Industrial Energy Benchmarking Methodology and Examples
- Energy losses and efficiency (enthalpy and exergy) and environmental consequences
- Artificial intelligence for the identification of energy efficiency in the industrial and energy sectors
- Review and discussion
Day Two – Improving the efficiency of industrial processes using advanced system design concepts
- System design concepts
- Industry 4.0 and an example of its benefits in the industrial sector
- Industrial Energy Benchmarking and Key Performance Indicators in Various Industrial sectors
- Advanced Process design for energy efficiency
- Advanced opportunities for process energy savings in key high energy intensities industries
- Energy efficiency decision making in process design and optimisation
- Industrial process optimisation using artificial intelligence techniques
- Review and discussion
Day Three: Industrial Utility System and energy savings
- Boiler and Steam Distribution Systems design and optimisation for energy efficiency
- Industrial co-generation and power systems energy efficiency design and optimisation
- Application of artificial intelligence in industrial utility energy savings
- Renewable energy systems in the industrial sector
- Specification of new processes and utility systems to ensure energy efficiency
- Review and discussion
Day Four: Advanced Energy Management systems
- Introduction to Industrial Energy Management and approaches
- Assessing the organisation for Energy management implementation
- Developing an energy policy and organisation structure and training
- The business case for adopting and energy management system
- Energy Monitoring, Targeting & Reporting
- The use of artificial intelligence in complementing Energy Management Systems
- Review and discussion
Day Five: Optimisation of process energy usage in high energy intensity industrial processes and power sector
- Minimising process heating and cooling systems through process integrating
- Reversing the curse of exergy to reduce imported process energy requirements
- Advanced controls using artificial intelligent techniques in the industrial and energy sectors
- Example of high energy savings projects in the industrial and power sectors
- Review and discussion
Secure Order - SSL encrypted - Stripe Enabled
Coming Soon, Online course on advanced energy efficiency and the use of artificial intelligence in the Industrial and Energy Sectors. Check Back Soon
Important: By purchasing any product you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions (click on the highlighted text to read in full).
Note on venue: Some of the above courses are “venue to be confirmed”. If a venue is selected for a particular course it will be indicated in the name and description of the course. Other information like how to get there (gps etc) will be posted in the product description. Attendees will be sent an email with the relevant information too. You are advised to check this site and your email including spam folders for this reason.
Note on VAT: If your company is located in the EU then VAT is due, please insert your company’s VAT number at checkout and it will be subtracted (if you are not based in Ireland). If your company is located outside the EU VAT will not be charged.
Your cancellation request must be received with enough time left to fulfill that request reasonably, which means it must be before any public holiday and be at least two hours before the end of a business day in Ireland (5pm GMT) before the weekly limit. Therefore all weekly limits below must be inclusive of these aforementioned restrictions.
For a cancellation longer than 4 weeks before a course or seminar date you will receive 95% of the registration fee.
For a cancellation between 4 and 2 weeks before a course or seminar date there are two options:
- Option 1: 50% of the registration fee will be charged and the remaining amount will be duly refunded back within 15 days of cancellation
- Option 2: The entire registration fee can be awarded to the next available and suitable course
For any cancellation closer than 2 weeks to the course date then ALL the registration fee will be charged
Cancellation of a in-house seminar forfeitures the amounts we paid for our expenses and returns 95% of the remainder you paid.
We do not offer a refund with the exception of the following:
A full refund will be made if we cancel the course or seminar (excluding for reasons outside our control – Read our “Disclaimer of Liability” An example would be An Act of God. Refunds in this case would be less our expenses and less the card transaction fees).
Refunds will be processed within thirty days of the cancellation announcement.
Important: Read our complete Terms and Conditions (click on the highlighted text to read in full).
- Book 2 people and get a 20% discount on your total booking
- Book 3 or more people from same organization and get a 30% discount on your total booking
Group discounts are applied in-cart automatically.
Extra Bonus? - Did you arrive here from an affiliate link?
Congratulations you’ve saved 2.5% on your order excluding VAT and after group discounts are applied, you should be able to see this at checkout. If not use the link again to come to this site.
Earn Money By Telling Others - Our Affiliate program
We are looking for people who can reach our intended audience, for example to other professionals in your field or organisation. You may have your own website where you can advertise. Do you publish a newsletter, are you organising an event and would like to work with us.
Would you like to also suggest a different location, let us know?
Become an affiliate - Get paid well (20%) for referrals - Customers are incentivised to use your link (they receive a 2.5% discount)
We offer you 20% of the customer’s order you brought in excluding VAT (if applied) and after the customers affiliate bonus discount of 2.5% is applied and after any group discount or coupon is applied. Cookies are lifetime, non-expiring for all long as it remains active with the customer and your account is open.
You will then get your payment (Paypal, Bank Transfer) after 123 days past the date the customers funds are received (to reduce the possibility of charge-back fraud). Ensure you read the Terms and Conditions of The Affiliate Program.
Step 1: Read the Terms and Conditions of The Affiliate Program
Step 2: Register as an Affiliate
Register here and we will review your application.
I've registered, what's next?
After a quick review of your application we will email your affiliate account login details where you can get your special affiliate link and other things in your affiliate control panel, if you already have your details you can login below or you can find it on this site’s top menu at “Login / Affiliates” > “Store Affiliates”.
Do you need a walk around the Affiliate Control Panel. Click on the image below.
How much can I make as an Affiliate?
In this example 10 people who you gave your special link to, bought their seats at the five day course.
8 booked separately and 2 together, so we work out the 2 differently because they will be entitled to a group discount. The following is based on the five day course at 3500 EUROS before VAT.
First eight people
8 x 3500 = 28,000 EUROS
2.5% customer bonus from affliate link will apply, 2.5% is 700 EUROS your 8 customers saved using your link
28,000 EUROS minus 700 EUROS = 27,300 EUROS
YOUR COMMISSION (first eight people):
20% of 27,300 EUROS = 5,460 EUROS
The other two people
2 x 3500 = 7000
Customers discount of 20% applies here:
80% of 7000 EUROS = 5,600 EUROS
2.5% customer bonus from affliate link will apply, 2.5% is 140 EUROS your 2 customers saved using your link
5,600 EUROS minus 140 EUROS= 5,460 EUROS
YOUR COMMISSION (two people)
20& of 5,460 EUROS = 1,092 EUROS
YOUR TOTAL COMMISSION:
5,460 EUROS (first 8 people) + 1,092 EUROS (the other 2 people) = 6,552 EUROS Paid to you by Paypal or bank transfer.